Basic Fire Safety Course
Who Should Take This Basic Fire Safety Course?
There are regulations in England and Wales which require employers, occupiers, landlords, owners of business or non-domestic premises, known as the ‘responsible person’, must by law, provide staff with the necessary information and training on Basic Fire Safety.
However, as with all Health & Safety legislation, the responsibility does not stop with the employer. Case studies reveal that should an employee cause a fire to start through lack of attention, horseplay or carelessness then they may be committing a criminal act under the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974.
Therefore, it is reasonable to expect that an employee takes responsibility for attending and/or obtaining a course on Basic Fire Safety training. Failing this duty prevents the employer from being able to carry out their legal duties.
The Basic Fire Safety Course is:
- RoSPA course content approved
- High quality Interactive courses with Audio
- Ensures compliance with the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005, the Fire Safety (Scotland) Regulations 2006 and the Fire Safety Regulations (Northern Ireland) 2010.
- Simple to use on smartphone, mobile, laptop or desktop
- Fully Online with instant access and no time limits
- Approximate completion time is 2 hrs
Basic Fire Safety Course
MODULE 1 – Chemical composition of fire
- The Fire Triangle
- 4 Ways Fire Can Spread
- How Smoke Spreads
MODULE 2 – Causes of fire
- Safety in the Workplace
MODULE 3 – Safety features employed within buildings
- Smoke Detectors
- Exit Signs
- Emergency Lighting
- Fire Doors
MODULE 4 – Fire extinguishers
- Dry Powder
- Wet Chemical
MODULE 5 – What to do in a fire situation
- If You Discover a Fire
Aims of the Basic Fire Safety Course
Once you have completed the Basic Fire Safety course, you will:
- Understand how your business or premises complies with fire safety regulations.
- Understand your duties of reducing the risk of fire in a workplace.
- Be aware of the components and causes of fire.
- Have a clear understanding of fire safety features employed in buildings and the steps to be taken in the event of a fire.
- Be able to distinguish between different types of fire extinguishers.
- Be able to act accordingly to escape fire.
The Basic Fire Safety online assessment is taken on completion of the training material. You will be asked a selection of multiple choice questions with a pass mark of 70%. The answers are marked automatically so that you will instantly know whether you passed. If you don’t pass don’t worry! You can take the test as many times as you need with no extra charge.
Basic Fire Safety Online / distance courses (no attendance) – You have 7 days to be able to cancel online/distance bookings made through Pennine Training Services.
Our RoSPA approved courses are owned by VideoTile Learning Ltd and are distributed under licence.
Copyright VideoTile Learning Ltd © 2011 – 2018